Cape Town: Corporate Lawyer, In-House - Boutique Corporate Finance House, 2+PQE
Fantastic opportunity for an outstanding corporate finance lawyer to move out of private practice and join a market leading, independent corporate finance and M&A boutique, specialising in providing advisory services to listed and privately held corporates, institutions and entrepreneurs.
Our client has achieved outstanding success in recent years and received numerous prestigious accolades, being recognised as a leading South African merger and acquisition and corporate finance advisory team. In the past three years alone they have raised over R20 billion in equity capital and advised on over 200 public transactions. They focus on mergers and acquisitions; stock exchange listings; capital requirements across all forms of debt and equity; private equity; black economic empowerment; management and leveraged buy-outs and corporate restructurings.
As they look to leverage their success and build out their Cape Town capability, they are looking for a bright, ambitious and entrepreneurial corporate lawyer to join a new Division and take a key role in building and growing the practice. You will gain first-hand exposure working on a variety of cutting edge deals, advise blue chip clients and have an incredible chance to build a practice and share in the equity participation.
This is a rare opportunity to step out of a law firm, throw away the timesheets and take a leading role in driving forward the Cape Town operations of this niche Corporate Finance house.
Ideally, you will have the following:
• Outstanding academic performance and tertiary qualifications and be a South African qualified Lawyer.
• Substantial experience gained in the corporate team of a leading south African or international law firm - ideally, two to five year's post articles experience.
• Experience in working on market leading corporate finance, M&A and private equity transactions.
• A willingness to learn and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
• Commercial acumen, and proven organisation.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.